I believe it is the duty of every good translator to commit to continuous professional development, in topics related not only to translation itself, but also in the subject matters of his/her translations.
Below is a list of the last courses and seminars I have successfully attended to:
- Jornada de formación en corrección, (Asetrad and UniCO).
- Procesos de control de calidad (QA): la revisión en nombre del cliente, by Javier Mallo (Asetrad).
- Preparing Projects in memoQ for TagEditor and SDL Trados Studio Users, by Gérgely Vandor (Kilgray Translation Technologies).
- Introduction to Genomic Technologies, by the Johns Hopkins University, via Coursera.
- Interprofessional Healthcare Informatics, by the University of Minnesota, via Coursera.
- Monitoring Climate from the Space, by the ESA (European Space Agency), via FutureLearn.
- AstroTech: The Science and Technology behind Astronomical Discovery, by the University of Edinburgh, via Coursera (see Statement of Accomplishment).
- Health for All Through Primary Health Care, by the Johns Hopkins University, via Coursera (see Statement of Accomplishment).
- How Viruses Cause Disease, by the Columbia University, via Coursera (see Statement of Accomplishment with distinction).
- Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students, by the University of Pittsburgh, via Coursera (see Statement of Accomplishment).
- Introductory Human Physiology, by the Duke University, via Coursera (see Statement of Accomplishment).
- X Jornadas Científicas y Profesionales de Traducción Médica, organized by the Asociación Internacional de Traductores y Redactores de Medicina y Ciencias Afines (Tremédica) and the Asociación Galega de Profesionais da Tradución e da Interpretación (AGPTI), held in Vigo (Spain) in 3-5 April 2014.